Monday 16 April 2018

My Holiday To Dorset!

Hi everyone! Apologies for the late upload, college work had me swamped and school has to take priority over my blog, which I hope you understand! As requested in my polls on both Twitter and Instgram (go follow me @EllenGBlogs on Twitter and ellengblogs on Instgram), today's post will be all about my Dorset holiday. I went away for a long weekend, similar to my Disneyland Paris trip, from Friday 6th April - Monday 9th April (which also happens to be my mum's birthday!). Pre-warning, the photos on this post will all be a bit samey, as I only remembered to take my camera out once and I didn't get any photos of the park itself, West Bay (the name of the park and location), which was a Parkdean caravan park with many facilities like a swimming pool, arcade and entertainment complex. Now, enough about the park, lets find out what I got up to...

Friday 6th April 2018
Today was the day I left for Dorset! We left at about 11 o clock in the morning, and there was quite a lot of traffic the closer to Dorset we got! Since the journey was a long one (side note: we listened to Disney music the whole way there), we decided to stop off at West Quay in Southampton for a KFC and a bit o' shopping! My mum kindly treated me to a new top from Hollister (which will be featured in next weeks' post) and I bought a new dress from Primark (also to be featured next week)! We then continued the journey and arrived at like 6pm. We checked in and got assigned a caravan, which was, very luckily, conveniently located seconds away from all of the facilities, great for lazy people like me who can't be bothered to walk from one side of a caravan park to the other, in fact last year when I went on holiday to a similar place, we drove to the swimming pool which was onsite! After expressing our disbelief at how close we were and the convenience of it, we headed to the restaurant to eat. I ordered fish and chips off the kids menu, as remember, KFC for lunch! We later headed to the entertainment complex and watched a comedy duo, who were actually really funny despite our expectations (it's a kids holiday park people!), then we explored the arcade for a bit before heading back to our caravan for the night.

This was the view from the outside terrace of the restaurant

Saturday 7th April 2018
After waking up and grabbing a breakfast of sausage and bacon from the restaurant, we headed out for a walk along the seafront. The beach we were on is the same beach used in Broadchurch, and was a lovely scene for taking photos (see below)! We walked until the tide began coming in, and walked back up towards the caravan park, salivating at a delicious little bakery along the way, so much so that we became hungry and had to stop for some stereotypical chips by the beach at a stereotypical little fish and chip stand (there was literally 4 in a row, so plenty of choice!). We went for a swim in the afternoon. My sister and I were quick to make use of the flume! We then headed back to our caravan and dressed for the evening, ensuring we made it in time for 'linked bingo', where basically all the Parkdean parks in the country play a huge game of bingo for a rather substantial cash prize. So as you can imagine, my dad didn't win! We headed to the restaurant for dinner, but the Manchester derby was on so we couldn't get a table! My sister and I made use of the arcade whilst my parents bagged us a table. I ordered steak and chips and after that we headed back to the entertainment complex to watch a singer, who was great! Once that was over, we headed back to the caravan to go to bed.

This is one of the sandstone rocks iconic in the TV series Broadchurch

This was the view down the beach

Sunday 8th April 2018
I, once again, woke up and ordered the same breakfast! We then headed out to a donkey sanctuary to meet up with my mum's Uncle, who works there. We spent half an hour with him whilst indulging in brownie, and then he had to go back to work so we explored a bit more. My sister did an Easter egg hunt, which allowed us to tour the whole sanctuary. We found a maze, and completed that, and then I stroked a donkey whilst my sister wrote down the clues. She got a mini eggs Easter egg at the end too! We then headed back to our caravan to go swimming. My sister and I were booked onto a total wipeout style obstacle course, which I beat her on, of course. We then watched my dad play bingo, which he, again, didn't win, and we went to the restaurant for dinner, which was a calvary! We then headed back to the entertainment complex and watched a show called 'Soulsation', which was really good, followed by a singer, who was also really good! We then headed back to our caravan to watch the end of the Masters, pack and go to bed.

The view of the rock from further away including a little café on the beach

This is a small bridge that went over the sea


Monday 9th April 2018
Today was the day we left West Bay! We left West Bay at about 11am. We stopped at West Quay (again!) and enjoyed a KFC (again) before browsing a few more shops, including buying my friend a birthday present. We then continued the drive home and arrived back at about 5pm.

Some of the little fish and chips places

This seagull was watching me eat...so I photographed him!

Well, that pretty much sums up my holiday to West Bay in Dorset. I hope this post wasn't too long, there's just so much to talk about! I'll see you next week, with a shopping haul post from the past couple of weeks, and some more things which I've ordered online that haven't arrived yet. I might be going shopping tomorrow as well, since I only have one lesson, but I'm not sure yet. Anyway, thanks for reading, and I'll see you next Sunday!

Ellen x

No comments:

Post a Comment