Sunday 24 June 2018

My End of Year Results 2018

Hi everyone! I feel like I haven't done enough school related posts on here yet, and took my results day, which was on Friday 22nd June, as an opportunity to tell you how I'm getting on at college and what happens next. I've just finished my first year at College studying English combined, Media and Politics, and will be enrolling for Year 2 tomorrow (25th June), after receiving positive results from my end of year exams. My college calls them 'Transfer Exams', as you have to pass (E or above) to be transferred into the second year. If you don't pass, then you can't go into the second year and must take the first year again, but only for the subject you didn't pass. So if you got C, C, F as your results, you can continue your two C grade subjects but must either drop, or complete the second year again, in your F grade subject. Make sense? Anyway, here's how I got on...

English Language and Literature
This exam was comprised of two sections; a section on the book we studied (The Handmaid's Tale) and a section on a collection of extracts texts about Paris. Overall I got a C grade, which I'm happy with as I have been working at a C grade all year. So now my target for Year 2 is to bump this up to a B, which is actually my current predicted grade, or even above!

Media Studies
This is the subject I did the best in, as I achieved a B. This exam was comprised of a series of long and short answer questions regarding music video, advertising and film posters. I am particularly happy with this out of my three subjects, as a B is my predicted grade and I've been working at a C-B all year. Hopefully next year I can maintain this or take it up to an A!

Politics
This exam was made up of one essay question and one source based question which basically means that the answers are in a piece of text and you have to use your knowledge to back the points up. The essay question is all own knowledge. I achieved a C, which s what I've achieved all year, and after reading my subject reviews I learnt that my C was a high C. Next year I am hoping to get a B, which is my target grade.

The Next Step
Tomorrow, I will be enrolling for my second year at college. After that, lessons continue as normal until 12th July when we break up for the summer. I now need to maintain my attitude to the first year, although working even harder in my second year to achieve the grades I need and am hoping for, which is 3 B grades, and maybe even ABB.

That concludes my results overview, thank you for reading, and I'll see you next week!

Ellen x

No comments:

Post a Comment